Thursday, September 5, 2013

Still Searching For Compatible Kidney Donors...Could it be you..or do you know someone who could?...

Good Evening..

  Just wanted to update a little as of 9-5-2013. My family and I continue our quest to find a possible match for a kidney transplant. My daughter was very nice to create these flyers to help get the word out. Please take a look at these flyers and would love for people to spread to the word out.


Ever Consider Giving the Gift Of Life?...

Consider Donating A Kidney...

    Currently Looking For Kidney Donors....

                                                          

Hi, my name is Manuel Bringas and I am 61 years old. I am currently a retired military veteran and a father of two. I am also a proud grandparent of two beautiful girls. It all started when my kidneys  started to fail as my diabetes became uncontrollable. Now I have to go to dialysis 3 times a week for 4 and a half hours to keep me alive. Most days the procedure takes a toll on my body and after work, all I want to do is sleep. I feel weak and tired very easily when I go to dialysis. I close my eyes most of the time, so I can dream of a better place and not think of what I have to go through day by day.


Just recently I have been told I could have a second chance at life. But it wouldn't come easy. I knew I had to work hard for it. My doctors said I could start living again if I can find a compatible living kidney donor.  I am a blood type A+.  I started to do my research online, and found out that most people do very well living with one kidney.  So I started to realize what my goal in life is... to see if anyone would be willing to donate, or even volunteer to be screen for a possible candidate. The best part about it is.... all or most of the procedures, blood work, and visits, would be covered through my insurance.

If you or someone you know... who would be interested in getting screened or would like to get more information,

Please contact my living donor coordinators at:

The University Of Arizona Medical Center

1501 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 (520.694.6637) (520.694.6000 pager) Celeste.Braly@uahealth.com   or

Christian Needham, RN, Abdominal Transplant Coordinator

(520) 694.2958 or toll free- 1.800.297.1250 Fax: 520.694.2580

My family created a website in my honor to help search for possible candidates so please visit it as I will update more when I get a chance.
You can also find more information about kidney donation at the National Kidney Foundation of Arizona  http://community.azkidney.org/page.aspx?pid=450
To learn more about Diabetes and to help fight, prevent, and treat please visit The American Diabetes Association


Thank you for taking the time to read this...

*The best gifts anyone can recieve is life and love...cherish every second*


I am still keeping hope...







No comments:

Post a Comment