Friday, March 15, 2013

Here are some interesting stats about blood type compatibility. If you google it, one can find lots of information about it..I thought I would share what I found...It gives me some more hope as I am A+ and knowing I can recieve a kidney from someone who isn't exactly A+

In living donation, the following blood types are compatible:
  • Recipients with blood type O... can receive a kidney from blood type O only
  • Recipients with blood type A... can receive a kidney from blood types A and O
  • Recipients with blood type B... can receive a kidney from blood types B and O
  • Recipients with blood type AB... can receive a kidney from blood types A, B, AB and O (AB is the universal recipient: recipients with AB blood are compatible with any other blood type)

No comments:

Post a Comment